Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Die Antwoord on Sunday


Image above from here


Lilly and I had the best time on Sunday night, Die Antwoord,one of the local bands in South-Africa (they're a Afrikaans rap band that sings about poverty, drugs, crime and girls), performed at Tings 'an Times. The only thing that dampened our spirits was the fact that we both had to work the following day. And I still had one massive headache from the bump against my head from the fall on Friday.
Yesterday, I had a whole day of band practice, we have our first gig at Lakeside in Centurion on 5 February, not far from now. We're a bit nervous, but at the same time so excited!! So this whole week we will be practicing our butts off. 
Also having our band's first gig, 2 of my friends from Cape Town (Adrian and Mila) will be visiting and Lilly and I can't wait to show them all our favorite places in the area, something they always do when we go to visit them. So Lilly and I made a list of all the place we are thinking of taking them. (I'll post the list a little later, we're still working on it). But there's so much places and things we want to show them, that we don't think we will be able to fit it all in the 4 days that they'll be visiting...


Hope you have a nice day
'Till Later
Peace

2 comments:

  1. Die Antwoord sounds like an interesting band, good topics to sing about.

    Its good to be a bit nervous about your first gig! You'll do great. Report back here to let us know how it went.

    Hope your head is feeling better - no more falling in the bathroom okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, yeah, will definitely report back... All I've been doing this whole weekend was practicing with the band. :)

    But no falling in the bathroom again soon, my head is much better thank you, finally! Had the stitches removed on Saturday. So I feel a bit normal again. ;)

    ReplyDelete